We live in a golden age of having apps and tools for virtually everything. And for busy business owners, they make our lives easier and allow us to get tasks complete quicker.
For batching & automating social media
Hate social media? If you’d rather not spend every day posting on your profiles, consider social media scheduling.
Dedicate one hour a week to sit down and prepare all your posts for the week then schedule them out for each day. Instead of going down the social media rabbit hole daily, you can batch and automate the lot in no time.
- Later.com – schedule 30 Instagram posts per month for free
- Hootsuite – manage 3 social media accounts for free
- Buffer – for $15 per month schedule your Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
For contracts and onboarding
Having a proposal and contract in place for clients helps protect you both. Thankfully you can save time and inconvenience by ditching paper methods and going digital. No more printing, signing, scanning and emailing back. Simply email the document and get it signed straight away.
- Better proposals – design and send all your proposals online and receive notifications when they are opened, read and signed
- Hellosign – a digital e-sign app for important documents and files
For client and project management
Lists and post-it notes everywhere? It’s a sure-fire way to miss a task or lose track of what stage you’re at. Project and client management apps keep everything in one place and you can access from anywhere.
- Plutio – everything you need including invoices, tasks, proposals, managing projects and communicating with clients.
- Trello – keep track of everything and organize and prioritize your projects
- GSuite – keep your email, documents, spreadsheets and files all together with gsuite. You can also share files with clients or contractors easily too.
- RescueTime – tracking how you spend your time can be invaluable for taking control of your day
- Calendy – this handy app helps you schedule meetings without a bunch of emails back and forth figuring out times and days.
- Dropbox – storage your documents, photos and downloads online and it also works as a backup for your work files.
For taking payments
Getting paid quickly for your work is vital when you are a small business. There are a variety of apps and services available so you can take payments in person, online or by phone instantly.